As I've mentioned before, May was a busy month for visitors (and no, despite the title of this post the Obamas did not visit). My parents were our first family guests and came for a 10 day visit in the middle of the month. It was a great visit and we so enjoyed having them. My parents were troopers with all the walking and the hills. They even ventured out on the train on their own one day, with much success. The weather was fantastic while they were here which made it really easy to see some great places.
I don't think I realized how nice it would be to have family here until my parents arrived---but it was really great. While our adjustment has been smooth and we have felt right at home here, really since we arrived, there was something very special about welcoming parents to our flat and sharing our life with them that made us feel even more settled. It was great taking them to some of our favorite spots, discovering new places, and introducing them to some of our friends--and I think it probably helped my parents to feel a little less worried about us as they got to see that we really have made a home here. We were all definitely sad to see the visit end, but were really grateful for the time we had. We're looking forward to having you again, mom and dad!!
Anyway, I'm sure some of you are intereted in what we actually did. Since I'm so behind on blogging (and lacking motivation right now), my mom graciously agreed to write up a post (or two) detailing their trip which I'll be posting tomorrow. So, check back then for some pictures and to read her take on their time here in Scotland.
No comments:
Post a Comment