In any case, I was reviewing various insurers and noticed that most include a plethora of other benefits in the policies, in addition to medical insurance. Things like loss of luggage; cancellation of trip due to illness, death, etc.; and theft of personal possessions. I was, however, surprised to find "Hijack Cover" in a policy provided by ASDA (Walmart). Hijack Cover is described as follows:
In the unfortunate event of you being held hostage by hijackers whilst travelling to or from a holiday, compensation will be paid to you for each 24 hour period held.I am honestly not sure which troubles me more: that there is Hijack coverage in the first place, that the description is prefaced "in the unfortunate event" (did we just spill red wine on our favorite dress, or get taken hostage by terrorists?); or that you actually get compensated for being held hostage. The rate, by the way, is £50 per day.
lol you are too funny :) and yeah i think that would make me a little nervous too...like "soooo has this been an issue before that you had to add this type of insurance?"
ReplyDelete