Joe's been doing some traveling lately for conferences. First to Leuven, in Belgium, for 5 days and now to Montreal for a quick 4 day trip. Both trips were/are for the purpose of attending a theology conference and for presenting papers at each. I'll have him do a couple of posts about the conferences when he is back in the swing of things and he can also post a few pictures of the great cities he's been visiting (I'm a little jealous!). But, while he's been gone, he's had the camera, making it a bit more difficult for me to post pictures of life here in Edinburgh. If I
did have the camera, here are some things you would have seen:
- The beautiful sunrise that we saw walking to the bus stop this morning (which, by the way, was at 7:30am).
- The gorgeous sunset I saw yesterday while walking in the city (which, by the way, was at 4:30pm).
- The very picturesque path a friend and I walked yesterday along the Waters of Leith.
- The scores of random fireworks being set off yesterday, in celebration of Guy Fawkes day.
- The building on one of the main thoroughfares that put up very lovely, festive Christmas decorations. Two weeks ago. (that was before Halloween, folks).
- The three different accordion players I passed today, at three different intersections.
- A woman riding a giant three wheeled bike, wearing a helmet, going slower than we were walking, while "walking" her itty-bitty dog. Maybe you had to be there.
- These really funny, and talented, drummers who were performing on the museum terrace earlier in the week.
- A picture of me, happily dancing, after receiving the news that I finally get to start working on Monday (as in 9 November).
While I would love to look at pictures, I actually kind of enjoyed picturing these images in my mind. I am sure that my mental pictures were drastically different than reality but they were entertaining all the same.
ReplyDeleteHello, Amanda - I am a Minnesotan currently getting my MSW in clinical social work. I love Scotland more than any place in the world, and my partner Chad and I have discussed a possible move there once I graduate in 2011. Neither of us has any idea how to go about planning this - do you have any advice on where to start?? Thank you so much!
ReplyDeletejennhanel@gmail.com