While I was sad not to have Joe with me and disappointed not to see the Riveras, it was really nice to spend some time with my family. We didn't do a ton--ate lots of delicious food, played some serious wii, hiked, and had good conversation. Highlights of the trip included some mii creating on the wii, a girls' pajama party (during which, when the men-folk returned prior to our movie ending, my niece kindly requested the three men go to the store for "something that will take you an hour to get"), a wintry hike, and dancing on the lawn of the Masonic Memorial on New Year's Eve (thankfully, no video of that).
Check out this sweet girl. I miss her tons and loved getting some quality time with her.

An extra treat on this trip was my dear friend Cheryl was able to come for an afternoon visit. Cheryl was one of my first friends at JMU and has been a really good friend ever since (we're talking a 14 year friendship). I have not seen her since her wedding in the fall of 2008 and have never met her incredibly beautiful little boy (though, I have seen him on Skype). It was an even more exciting treat because this beautiful friend is expecting her second baby and I got to see her pregnant for this first time. Such fun.

This visit was so good for my heart. Such a sweet time with my family and my dear friend. Thanks to them all for making it happen!
dear amanda,
ReplyDeleteso happy to hear of your sweet time with family and friends...! yay!